If you’re a busy mum looking for something easy to cook for the kids, then look no further. Persian kotlet is comfort food that can be eaten hot or cold and served with either a flatbread or rice – making them ideal snacks at picnics or tea. They’re crispy on the outside and juicy in the middle. They contain both cinnamon and turmeric.
In our house I have to hide the kotlets while cooking them, or else H will eat them all before I serve them!
7 medium potatoes
800g of ground beef
salt and pepper
A teaspoon of cinnamon
A teaspoon of turmeric
- Grate 7 medium potatoes in a large bowl.
- Grate 2 onions and add to the bowl.
- Add 800g ground beef, a teaspoon of turmeric, teaspoon of cinnamon, salt and black pepper.
- Add 2 eggs and mix well.
- Shape the kotlets which should all be roughly the same size and thickness.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-low heat.
- Place the patties gently into the pan and cook slowly
- Place a plate with a paper towel on it next to your work station. When removing the patties from the pan, try to drain as much of the oil as possible, before serving with sabzeh khordan.